We believe that all children are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum which is interesting, engaging and provides a range of learning opportunities that help develop children’s life-long love of learning.
Key drivers and core values for lifelong learning.
As a school we have identified our curriculum drivers that underpin the whole curriculum. Our drivers are linked to our school values and provide our culture for learning.
Click on the buttons above and see how we develop these skills and values in our day to day learning.
The curriculum aims to provide:
- A broad and balanced curriculum that builds on prior learning.
- Enrichment opportunities often beyond the classroom.
- Development of social skills and speaking and listening across the curriculum and encourages a sense of belonging and community.
- Increase children’s motivation, enthusiasm and engagement in their learning by making learning meaningful through putting it into a context.
- Support the raising of standards in both teaching and learning.
- Help children to become more independent and take greater ownership of their learning, developing their confidence and motivation to learn through the use of a range of teaching and learning styles.
- Establish strong cross curricular links to ensure a broader understanding.
- Create and maintain an exciting and stimulating learning environment.
- Provide opportunities to apply knowledge and learning in practical ways and to solve problems in a variety of situations
- Equip children for modern life in Britain and as global citizens.
The curriculum is organised into topics which has a key focus or enquiry with links made to all areas of the curriculum where appropriate.
All key skills, knowledge, speaking and listening are delivered through this approach. Computing is encouraged and planned for through the topic approach but is also a subject in its own right.
Teachers in a year group are responsible for the delivery of the curriculum through a topic based approach or single subject teaching. They plan and prepare in teams for the delivery of key skills and content based on the National curriculum as a starting point.
Cross curricular links are made and exploited whenever this is appropriate, although single subject teaching still takes place where this is most appropriate.
Autumn Term Curriculum:
Spring Term Curriculum:
Summer Term Curriculum:
If you would like to know further details about our curriculum, please see your child's class teacher or make an appointment at the school office.